When you’re creating a race you will need to assign devices to the timing points in your race. However, for devices to appear in the list of available timing devices, you will first need to assign them to your organization.
To do this you will need to have an android device with Zone4’s android app installed and up to date.
Finding your club pin code
From Organization setting on the Zone4 Club, go to “Timing Devices”
You will find your club pin code in the yellow rectangle.
Assigning an Android Phone to your Organization
From the Courses tab in your race, click the Connect a New Device button:
And then find the code displayed at the top of that window (it will be unique to your organization, don’t enter 12345)
Next you’ll need to change the Club Pin Code on your phone:
- Open the Zone4 Go app on the phone
- In the app tap the icon with three dots on the top right of the screen
- Select Settings from the drop down menu
- Select the Sync option
- Select the Club Pin Code option
- A new window with the Club Pin Code will open. Enter the Device Authorization Code you found on zone4.ca here
Once this is done you will be able to see your device in the Select a Timing Device drop down menu.
Assigning an Activator to your Organization
- Turn on your Activator and plug it into a loop.
- Wait for the sync LED light to turn solid green.
- Turn on your Android device and open the Zone4 Go app (this device must already be assigned to your organization).
- Pass a GoChip timing chip over the loop. This records a time on the phone
- You should now be able to see the Activator in the list that is displayed when you click on Select a Timing Device.