When you’re creating a race you will need to assign devices to timing points by choosing the device you want from a drop down menu (pictured below).
However for devices to appear on this menu in the first place you will need to assign them to your club. To do this you will need to have an android device with Zone4’s android app installed and up to date. This is also necessary for assigning GoChip loops to your club.
Assigning an Android Device to your Club
- Once the Zone4 Go app is downloaded on your device open the app and access the overflow menu (⋮) and then > settings > Sync >Club pin code. Pictured below is the Club pin code screen.
- Here you will enter the club pin code that can be found on the Timing Devices page in your club administration area, or by clicking the Connect a new Device button on the course setup page for your race:
- Once this is done you will be able to see your device in the “Select a Timing Device” drop down menu.
Assigning a GoChip Activator to your Club
- Turn on your GoChip loop activator and plug it into a loop.
- Turn on your Android device and open the Zone4 Go app (this device must already be assigned to your club).
- Pass a GoChip timing chip over the loop and record a time.
- You should now be able to access your GoChip activator in the “Assign Device” drop down menu (you may need to re-load your page).